There are women who... (Tempera + Ink)


The Wallflowers / Des Potiches / Floreros / Die Mauerblümchen




Fenix / Fénix




Closet Siren / Sirène de Placard / Sirena de Armario / Schranksirene




Hello again! Last month I've been pretty busy, mostly with these new handmade illustrations. They are small-sized sketches standing for which I would have developped in case of have been selected for an exhibition in Linz, after a two-months-grant in there... Unfortunatley, it's not that case :( . But I was proud of my proposal, so I leave it here for all of you, as an explanation to the drawings.
----------------------------------------------
 Salut! J'étais un peu trop stressée ce dernier mois-là, et il y est par beaucoup à cause des dessins en haut. Ils sont des prélèvements d'une hipotétique éxposition que j'aurais fait en cas d'avoir être chosie pour une résidence artistique à Linz...  Je n'ai pas réussi cette fois :( , mais je vous laisse mon proposition (en anglais).
----------------------------------------------
¡Buenas! Aquí estoy otra vez. El mes pasado he estado bastante ocupada, sobretodo con los dibujos de aquí arriba, aunque también con alguna otra cosilla que ya os iré enseñando. Estas imágenes se corresponden a fotos de los bocetos para una hipotética exposición que hubiera hecho en Linz, de haber sido seleccionada para la beca de dos meses en una residencia artística, durante los que tenía que desarrollarla... No es el caso :(, pero estoy orgullosa de mi propuesta, así que os la dejo tal cual la escribí, en inglés. 
 ----------------------------------------------
Guten Tag! Ich bin wieder zurück! Letzten Monat war ich beschäftigt, überalles mit diesem Skizzen um zu einer großer Ausstellung an einer Linzer Atelierhaus entwickln, wenn ich auswählt wäre... Aber ich war nicht :(. Trotzdem bin ich zufrieden auf meiner Vorschlag, denn ich teile es -auf Englisch- unten dieser Text mit.




________________________________________________________________________

Along my drawing experience I have focused mainly on Digital Illustration, because of its flexibility and the obvious advantage of undoing. However, my experiences on Photography have made me develope a fascination for textures which I am not able to emulate with the assistance of any computer software. Textures often resist to be captured even by a camera. So I have come to the idea that here also lies the main inherent advantage of painting over the other visual arts: actual ridges, throwing a changeful shadow depending on the lightning... A roughness able to arise the desire of breaking the traditional museum's rules and touch the canvas.

Painting is not really my expertise field, but I feel curious about it. As a thread, I have recovered from my personal experience that almost magical apparitions of figures amongst the natural erosion, and I have insisted on them with a pen to make them findable. From all possible forms that I could see on my textures, I have selected those which would suit up with a topic, on this case "Womanised". Why women? Many experts have said, this century is women's age. There's an apparently exhaustion of the theme, but I see it in another way. Magazines and some sociologist researchers have pointed to a woman who's going to accomplish men's assignments even better or faster (combined with home/family tasks). As opposed to it, I see alternative kinds of women living in their own micro-worlds that have nothing to do with men's ones. I see women evolving new structures instead of perpetuating them, women that organize themselves to show and share the human side of life (poetry; social justice; personal, and not only professional, accomplishment...) I see women threating every day the economic preponderance with irrationality, exceptions, originality...With love and diversity, after all.

On my attached sketches I pretend to combine the two ways of lecture that I would like to develop during the 2-months-residence-grant: a general composition -see in distance- that breaks into textures and a tiny world around the main character if it's appreciated in closer view. That's the reason explaining why I have also included a collage with details, which aren't represented on the general overview. 






Comentarios

Entradas populares